This morning while driving from Sharjah to Dubai Internet City, my mind wandered into deep thoughts, what is important in my life? And sparks started flying. Is it health, Wealth, Relationship, Job or Happiness……….? And promptly I zeroed down to three points
– Relationship and
After further thinking I changed my priorities to
– Relationship first
– Health second followed by
I tried fitting in the three important things in the various stages of our life. “Y” reflects important and “N” reflects not important.
- For a child RELATIONSHIP is the most important factor when he instantly bonds with mothers love and care.
- For an adult RELATIONSHIP too is important, RELATIONSHIP with siblings, friends and loved ones.
- When you marries it takes a different turn, building RELATIONSHIP with spouse and your kids becomes paramount and
- Upon retirement you begin to value RELATIONSHIP more deeply than ever before. It takes paramount over other materialistic things in life.
- As a child, HEALTH does not cross your mind since you are still growing up.
- But as an adult HEALTH begins to reflect in terms of looking great and attractive to other. Looks are important.
- And when you marry, HEALTH reflects equal importance. Maintaining health and teaching virtues of good HEALTH to your family members.
- And when you retire the HEALTH becomes extremely important, you begin to pay more attention to your body and food intake so as to sustain a disease free living.
- LIVING is provided to the child by his parents within certain parental surroundings. Hence at this stage child takes this for granted.
- But no sooner child turns into an adult his tastes begins to shape reflecting his aspirations. And LIVING becomes important but he is still depended on his elders for LIVING.
- And when he marries living becomes paramount since he assumes bigger responsibility, responsibility towards his spouse and kids.
- And when he turns towards retirements, it is still important but not as important as your RELATIONSHIP and HEALTH.
So I would conclude by saying that relationships are the most important value in our life, more than health and much more than the living. Because no one questions oneself that why did he not attend more office? But in retrospect everyone at the end of their life span will questions themselves, why I did not spend more time with my loved ones ?
If you like what you read click “LIKE”